Work Permits

If you are not a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident in most cases you need to obtain a work permit for work in Canada. If you’re not sure if you need one, contact out office to find out if you need a work permit.

Types of work permits

There are two types of work permits: open work permits and employer-specific work permits.

Open work permits

Employer-specific work permits

General eligibility requirements

No matter where you apply, you must:

prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,

show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and return home,

obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate),

not be a danger to Canada’s security,

be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,

not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,

not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages,

not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years after April 1, 2011 (with some exceptions), and

give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.

Place of an application

A place of application depends on your citizenship and residence at time of application. There are some specific application requirements which depends on your situation.

You can contact with our office to find your eligibility.